How to Remove Bing Search Bar in Windows 10? before following the steps to Remove Bing in Windows 10, you must now what is Bing. Bing is a web search engine owned and operated by Microsoft. The service has its origins in Microsoft’s previous search engines: MSN Search, Windows Live Search and later Live Search. Bing provides a variety of search services, including web, video, image and map search products. It uses the ASP.NET programming language and follows the design principles of Microsoft’s “Metro” design language.
How to Remove Bing from Internet Explore in Windows 10
If you not knowing IE loacation, se here Where is Internet Explorer in Windows 10
- Click the gear icon to open the Tools menu.
- Select “Manage Add-ons” from the Tools menu to display your add-ons by type.
- Select “Search Providers” under the add-on type. If Bing is the only search provider listed, you’ll have to add another one before you remove Bing. To do this, click “Find more search providers.” Click your desired search provider and click “Add to Internet Explorer.” Select “Make this my default search provider.” Restart Internet Explorer and return to the Manage Add-ons menu.
- Select “Bing” and click “Remove.“
How to Remove Bing Search Bar in Windows 10
- For users who have a touch screen device on Windows 10 you will need to swipe from the right side of the screen to the center to open the charms bar.
Note: For users who have a PC or laptop you need to press and hold the button “Windows” and the button “C” on the keyboard.
- Left click or tap on the “Settings” icon presented in the “Charms” bar.
- Left click or tap on the “Change PC settings” feature presented in the “Settings” window.
- Now in the “Change PC settings” menu you will have to search for “Search & apps” and left click or tap on it.
- You will have to find in the “Search and apps” menu the “Get search suggestions and web results from Bing” feature and toggle the switch to disable it.
Note: Set the switch to “Off” state.
- Reboot the Windows 10 device and your Bing search bar should be disabled.